|Trivandrum : The 39th Kerala University Youth Festival got into full swing with Trivandrum-based colleges performing better than their rivals.
The College of Engineering, Trivandrum led with 17 points followed by Mar Ivanios College at the end of the first day. The Sri Swathi Thirunal College of Music was in third position with 13 points.
Most competitions scheduled to commence in the morning at the venues were delayed by two hours. Even competitions such as poster-making, cartoon-drawing and collage were delayed. The introduction of ‘pink volunteers’ across the venues, proved to be a blessing for most, especially those from far-off places.
Winners of competitions :
- Poster-making: K.T. Akshay, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Clay modelling: S.A. Abhilash, Government Engineering College, Barton Hill.
- Painting: C.V. Lijith, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Mappilappattu (Male): A.H. Riyas, University Campus, Karyavattom.
- Vrindavadyam: Sri Swathi Thirunal College of Music.
- Wind Instrument (Western): Shalini Rajan, Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram.
- String Instrument (Western): Dollarin Atalia D’souza, St. Joseph College for Women, Alappuzha.
- Ghazal (Male): Sreekanth Hariharan, College of Architecture,Thiruvananthapuram.
- Mohiniyattom: G. Kavya, Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Kathakali (Female): Malu H. Krishna, Valia Koonambaikulathamma College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Elocution (Malayalam): J.S. Anantha Krishna, Immanuel College, Vazhichal; Jitty Elsa George, SN College, Cherthala.
- Mimicry (Female): Gayathri Sankar, MG College, Thiruvananthapuram.